Up-cycle potato sacks with paint or hand dye using fabric dyes then create textural craft projects for your home, like placemats, drink coasters, or cushion covers.
- To paint: Use scissors to cut potato sacks into the shapes you require, then paint with your choice of acrylic paint and allow to dry.
- To hand-dye: Thoroughly wet the potato sack then squeeze out excess water.
- Prepare your choice of fabric dye, following packet directions.
- Using gloves, place burlap into dye; mix until well coated in dye. Note: the longer it is in the dye liquid the deeper the color.
- Remove from dye when your required color is reached.
- Squeeze out all excess liquid and allow to dry naturally before using in your craft projects.
Made it? Tell us about it–