Lovely little boxes!
Lova: "Paul V. at the magazine gave me the small tin box that he found
when we were at the Brimfield Flea Market recently. It was so pretty and blue
that I knew exactly what it needed. More blue! I got two other plain
boxes and used cut outs from a book about birds and papers from Paper Source to make them into collage boxes.
You will need:
Some boxes or tins - I like to use little ones
Vintage books and wrapping paper to cut up - The Paper Source has some of my favorite papers!
Xacto Knife - This one is wonderful
Mod Podge (optional)
- Find some lovely boxes and tins. I like to use tiny one but you can use whatever size you like.
- Find some beautiful designs to cut from old books, paper, wrapping paper or find designs online.
- Arrange your cutouts onto your boxes in a way that you think looks beautiful.
- Glue your cutouts onto your boxes and tins.
- The boxes in the pictures are not painted with glue, like you do with decoupage, because I like the matte paper finish, but if you would like a more lasting finish you can use some glue or Mod Podge and paint over the finished boxes.
If you want a more lasting finish you can use some glue or Mod Podge and paint over the finished boxes.
Made it? Tell us about it–