These biscuits are flaky and rich. Serve them with the apples and some whipped cream.
4 sweet apples
1⁄2 cup golden raisins
4 tablespoons melted butter
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of ginger
2 1⁄2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 stick butter, cubed
3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Peel and core the apples, then dice them.
- In an ovenproof dish, mix together apples, raisins, melted butter, spices, and sugar.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Add the stick of cubed butter and work it into the flour with your fingers. The result should be a grainy mixture.
- Add milk and egg and work the mixture together.
- Roll out until the dough is 1-inch think, and cut out the biscuits using a round cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits over the apples.
- Drizzle a little milk over the biscuits. 10. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve biscuits with the apple mixture and some whipped cream.
Made it? Tell us about it–