Savory breakfast bread pudding with pancetta, spinach, and peppers paired with Fiesta Coffee with condensed milk and cinnamon!
For the bread pudding:
1 tablespoon butter
4 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup canned roasted peppers
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
salt and pepper, to taste
1 loaf of crusty country style bread, cubed
6 slices of pancetta, cut in half
For each coffee:
4 oz warm whole milk
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
2 shots of espresso, or 6 oz of strong brewed drip coffee
pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté spinach and peppers until the spinach starts to wilt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk, 3 tablespoons parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add bread and spinach and toss to combine.
- Pour it all into a buttered ovenproof dish and top with the rest of the Parmesan.
- Bake for about 40–45 minutes until golden. Serve with a green salad.
- For the coffee, add milk and sweetened condensed milk to a cup and give it a good stir.
- Gently pour in the coffee and add some cinnamon on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–