An easy yet elegant side dish.
This recipe is from the booklet, Crème Fraîche: Recipes & Inspiration for Everyday Cooking - Read the full recipe booklet below!
1 large head of cauliflower
1 small celeriac
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and peel and dice the celeriac into 1⁄2” cubes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Boil the vegetables until soft but not mushy, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and use an immersion blender to process the vegetables until nearly smooth or the consistency you like for your favorite mash.
- Add the oil and 1⁄2 of the Crème Fraîche
- Mix well and add Crème Fraîche until you have a smooth mash.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and top with pepper, fresh thyme, and a dollop of Crème Fraîche.
You can add more flavor to the mash by adding 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan and any finely chopped herbs.
Made it? Tell us about it–