Homemade cherry topping for shaved ice is sublime... it's even better when you spike it with dark rum!
4 cups pitted cherries
4 cups water
1 cup sugar
½ to 1 cup spicy dark rum
- Place cherries, water, and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool a bit, and add the rum.
- Pour into a jar and chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- To serve, Fill a cup with shaved or finely crushed ice, top with syrup, a little extra rum, and cherries. Cheers!
I love my shaved Ice machine! They are not as expensive as you think and I use it almost every time I have guests over. It's perfect for drinks and also to make a bed of ice for seafood and crudite.
Made it? Tell us about it–