Moist banana cake with a touch of coconut and smothered in a chocolate sauce glaze.
1¾ stick butter, at room temperature + some for the pan
shredded coconut for the pan
¾ cup light brown sugar
1½ cup all purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 bananas, puréed
4 oz dark chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing in between each egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients and then combine with the egg-sugar mixture and the banana purée.
- Mix until the all the ingredients are completely combined into a smooth batter.
- Butter a cake tin on all sides and dust with the shreded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake on the oven’s lowest rack for around 50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and then add the butter, stirring to combine them.
- Let the chocolate sauce cool to room temperature.
- Turn out the cake onto a serving platter, and then pour the chocolate sauce over the top.
Made it? Tell us about it–