Perfect meal for when it starts to get cold!
8 bone in short ribs
2 cups apple cider, not to sweet
1 small can of diced tomatoes
2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
8 cloves of garlic, keep them whole
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 cup mixed pitted olives
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 beef bullion cube
1 tablespoon worshestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon honey
1 shot of espresso
1 rutabaga, peeled and diced
salt and pepper
- In a slow cooker place short ribs, cider, tomato, carrots, celery, garlic, onion, olives, thyme, bullion cube, Worshestershire, soy, chili, honey and espresso.
- Put on the lid and let it slow cook on high for at least 4 hours.The ultimate is 6 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, place the rutabaga on a baking tray and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 380F for about 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and serve with the baked rutabaga.
Made it? Tell us about it–