Creamy mushroom soup with parsnips, potatoes, and thyme!
This recipe is presented by my friends at FIesta Dinnerware!
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
7 cups vegetable stock
4 tablespoons butter
12 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper
- Place onion, potato, parsnip, and stock in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
- While the soup cooks, heat the butter in a pan, and cook the mushrooms until golden.
- Add 3/4 of the mushrooms to the soup; set the rest aside.
- Using an immersion blender, pureé the soup until smooth.
- Add cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- I love to serve with a sprig of thyme and a glug of amazing olive oil!
Made it? Tell us about it–