Makes 8 large cups
1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened+1 tablespoon for greasing the cups
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 8 large coffee cups.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla, flour, baking powder and milk.
- Mix until smooth.
- Spoon batters into cups, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 12 minutes.
- Cool, frost and sprinkle with coconut shavings.
Made it? Tell us about it–