I love to top pizza with whatever looks the most fresh and amazing at the farmer's market!
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dry yeast
2½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
4 oz Asiago, grated
12 stalks asparagus, blanched
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup mixture of peas and fava beans
salt & pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix water, honey, and yeast.
- Leave it for 5 minutes so that the yeast starts to work.
- Add flour, salt, and oil.
- Work the dough together.
- Cover with plastic and let it rise for 1 hour.
- On a baking tray, press the dough out with your fingers to form a large pizza.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Divide shallots, Asiago, and asparagus on the pizza.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Take it out and add peas, fava beans, herbs, salt, and pepper.
Made it? Tell us about it–