My grandmother used to make theseT They're so tasty! Try to make them really thin.
You will need:
1 stick butter, soft
3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon all spice
- Line a mini loaf pan with wax paper.
- Beat butter and sugar creamy and then add egg and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and all spice, and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Press the dough into the loaf pan and put in the freezer for two hours.
- preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove pan from freezer and cut dough into thin slices
- Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Add a few sliced almonds to the cookies and press in slightly.
- Bake until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack.
Made it? Tell us about it–