Not only is the filling delicious but it makes the chicken so juicy.
You will need:
2 oz fresh spinach
5 oz Gruyère cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
4 chicken breasts
8 large slices of bacon
20 oz mixed cleaned mushrooms
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1⁄2 red chile pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the spinach and place it in a pan with a lid.
- Let it steam until it falls together, drain it, and let cool.
- Chop the spinach and mix it with the cheese, season with salt and pepper.
- Use a sharp knife and make a cut in each of the chicken breasts—make sure you don’t go all the way through.
- Place the cheese mixture in the cut and wrap the bacon around each breast. You can secure with toothpicks.
- Brown them in a pan until the bacon is nice and golden.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and roast them in a pan with oil.
- Once nice and golden, add garlic, chili, and parsley.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and water and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve the warm mushrooms with the chicken.
Made it? Tell us about it–