My pups Lestat & Hugo love these treats!
I love making treats for my boys—that way I know what they eat. They get one everyday after their mid-morning walk. The treats disappear within a fraction of a second!
Makes about 40
1 very ripe banana
½ can pumpkin purée
1 tablespoon honey
1½ cups whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix banana, pumpkin, and honey. I find using my hands works best.
- Add flour and baking powder and work in into the mixture. If it’s too wet, add more flour. It should be a dry dough.
- Roll it out in a little flour and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 10–12 minutes. They should be lightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in a jar with a closed lid.
Made it? Tell us about it–