Cauliflower is so versatile, because it takes on any flavor. This is side dish perfect—you can even use some of the sauce that builds up in the pan as au jus.
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
1 large cauliflower head, with greens still intact
salt and pepper
1 cup vegetable stock (can sub chicken stock if you like)
6 cloves garlic, peeled
3 pieces lemon rind
4 fresh thyme sprigs
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450oF.
- Place the cauliflower, green part down, in an ovenproof dish.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Add stock, garlic, lemon, thyme, and butter to the dish, cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and baste the cauliflower every 5 minutes for 15 minutes.
- Place the whole cauliflower on a serving platter and carve at the table.
Made it? Tell us about it–