1 large organic chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 small bunch of fresh thyme
8 thin slices of lemon
2 pound fingerling potatoes
6 bay leaves
1 head of garlic, the top cut off
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the thyme and lemon slices on top of the chicken, using string to secure in place.
- Place in a large oven-proof dish and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Mix fingerling potatoes with bay leaf, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil and place around the chicken.
- Roast for another 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
Made it? Tell us about it–