This is my take on Jamie Oliver's famous Milk Chicken, and it comes out amazing every time—the meat just falls off the bone. The milk and citrus sounds like an odd combination, but it's the most ownderful recipe you'll make again and again!
Get tons of inspiration here:
2 tablespoons butter
1 large organic chicken
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups whole milk
8 cloves garlic, peeled
8 sage leaves
grated zest from 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Melt the butter in a cast-iron dutch oven.
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper, and brown it on all sides.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, in the dutch oven. Add milk, garlic, and sage leaves; sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Cover with the lid, and bake for 11/4 hours. Remove the lid, and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Cut the chicken into pieces, and serve with the sauce created while cooking.
You can also add some vegetables, like potatoes and carrots.
Made it? Tell us about it–