This is THE cookie that put Downtown Cookie Co. on the map!
You will need:
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg (separated)
1 1/4 cup flour
- Cream butter and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Mix in egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in flour.
- Roll dough into two ounce balls.
- Dip in egg whites and roll in almonds.
- Make a thumb print in the center of the ball and fill with jam
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
- If you make smaller cookies be sure to adjust bake time appropriately. Enjoy!
Made it? Tell us about it–