Starting today, we will be regularly posting 'My Happy Dish' features. We will share wonderful recipes from our friends and partners... their personal dishes that make them (and YOU) happy!
For our first 'My Happy Dish' Amanda is sharing her recipe for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Valentine Cookies. I'm a big fan of go-to recipes that you can throw together in a flash and have tasty results to share with guests and loved ones who stop by!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Valentine Cookies
This is quite possibly the best Monster Cookies "recipe" ever. I put recipe in quotations because it is more semi-homemade than from scratch, but no matter how you categorize it, its delicious.
To make these cookies appropriate for an sweet Valentines Day celebration, I added the Valentine bag of M&M's, which has red, dark pink, light pink and white candy pieces.
1 17.5 oz bag Betty Crocker Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 17.5 oz bag Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
1 stick room temperature butter
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1 12.6 oz bag Holiday M&M's
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour ingredients from both bags into large bowl.
- To the dry ingredients add butter, vegetable oil, eggs and water.
- Stir together ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour in bag of M&M's and make sure they are evenly dispersed throughout mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, generously scoop mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place cookie dough 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then check on cookies. If center appears slightly wet but edges are done, remove cookies from oven. If they cook until center appears "done" the cookies will be very crispy, almost hard.
- Let sit on hot cookie sheet for about five minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Eat with your favorite Valentine.
Throw together store-bought mixes to make these quick MONSTER cookies that are sure to please!
Made it? Tell us about it–