Chicken and fruit go so well together. Placing a fruit filling under the skin not only makes for great flavor but also makes the skin crispy and the meat tender.
You will need: 2 nectarines, pitted and diced 1 tablespoon ginger, grated 2 garlic cloves, minced
2 nectarines, pitted and diced
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, to taste 1 large organic whole chicken 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large organic whole chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- Place nectarines, ginger, and garlic in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut open the back of the chicken and spread it out on a baking tray like a butterfly.
- Lift up the breast skin gently and fill the cavity with the nectarine mixture.
- Rub the whole chicken with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for about 1 hour.
- Let it rest 10 minutes before cutting it up and serving.
Made it? Tell us about it–