Such a great treat. The sweet jam with nutty topping is small bites of pure delight.
Makes 12 Squares
You will need:
1 cup+1⁄4 cup all purpose flour
1⁄2 cup+1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 stick+2 tablespoons salted butter, cold and diced
1 egg yolk
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup nectarine jam
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
2 tablespoon pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 1⁄2 cup sugar, and salt.
- Add 1 stick of butter and use a mixer to work it in. The result should be crumbly.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until it forms a ball.
- Press the dough into a parchment lined 9”x9” baking dish and top with the jam.
- In a bowl, using your hands, mix 1⁄4 cup flour, 1⁄4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, and nuts.
- Crumble the mixture over the jam.
- Bake for about 35–40 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
Made it? Tell us about it–