Rosemary and bourbon are the stars of this cocktail!
You will need:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
5 to 10 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Prep rosemary syrup by combining sugar, water, and half of the rosemary in a small saucepan.
- Rotate pan slowly to dissolve sugar and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil covered for 5 minutes and remove from heat, allowing to cool uncovered for 1 hour.
- Pour cooled syrup into jar or bottle. Cover, and keep refrigerated.
- To prepare cocktail, add 2–3 tablespoons of syrup to an old fashioned glass.
- Add 2–3 dashes of bitters and 2–3 ice cubes.
- Pour 2 oz of bourbon over mixture. Cover mixture with large dash of club soda, and garnish with cherry, peel of lemon rind, and sprig of rosemary.
Made it? Tell us about it–