This perfectly hearty stew is going to be your new go-to winter warmer!
Food by Saskia van Deelen + Photography by Julia Cawley
Get tons of inspiration in Sweet Paul Magazine:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery rib, finely diced
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
9 ounces red lentils, rinsed
4 cups vegetable stock
1 can coconut milk
12 ounces cabanossi sausage, or any dried sausage, sliced
17 ounces broccoli, cut into florets
17 ounces tomatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar salt
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the diced carrot and celery, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with cumin and yellow curry paste. Add the lentils, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and coconut milk, and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, add the sausage, broccoli, and tomatoes into the stew, and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper and serve.
Leave out the sausage to make this a fabulous vegetarian option!
Made it? Tell us about it–