This is the perfect lunch or side dish for everyone, especially for people who avoid meat.
1 large acorn squash
2 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, finely chopped 1 small leek, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the squash into 4 parts, using a spoon to scrape out the seeds.
- Place on a roasting tray, and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast until soft, about 20–25 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package.
- In a large pan melt butter and oil and sauté shallot, leek, and thyme until the leeks starts to go soft.
- Add the quinoa and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the squash with the quinoa mixture.
Made it? Tell us about it–