A perfect and simple hors d'oeuvre!
Get tons of inspiration here:
12 small beets
1 cup sea salt (I like to use cheper salt for the bottom of the dish and Maldon for topping)
olive oil to drizzle+serving
flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash the beets and cut off the stems.
- Pour the cup of salt into an oven proof dish and place the beets in the salt so that they stand upright.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool a little and simply drag the skin off using a small sharp knife.
- Serve still warm with a drizzle of olive oil and some flaky sea salt.
Use both yellow and red beets and enjoy the beautiful colors!
Made it? Tell us about it–