Perfect for any celebration!
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 1 and 1/3 cups whole milk
• 1 large egg, beaten
• ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• Juice of ½ lemon
• Canola oil, for frying
• Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the salt and sugar and stir. Whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Pour the batter into a squeeze bottle or a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. Pour about ½ inch canola oil into a 9-inch sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 350°F. Squeeze ½ cup batter in a squiggly pattern all around the pan. Cook until set, about 30 seconds. Carefully flip with tongs and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 30 seconds more. Drain on the prepared baking sheet. Top with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately. Repeat with remaining batter.
Made it? Tell us about it–