Makes about 30
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons chopped hard candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll out the dough to a thin layer and cut out hearts.
- Use a smaller heart to cut out the center.
- Place onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon candy in the middle of each heart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet 3 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Use a little melted sugar as glue to glue on the lollipop sticks.
Made it? Tell us about it–