1 can chickpeas, rinse and drained
4 scallions, chopped
1 cup cooked bulgur
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon mustard
1/3 cup mayo
salt and pepper
- Place chickpeas, scallions, bulgur, breadcrumbs, ginger, cumin, egg, mustard and mayo in a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 patties and brush with olive oil.
- Place on a medium hot grill, they need 5-6 minutes on each side for done.
- Serve the burgers with lettuce, tomato, buns and BBQ sauce.
Made it? Tell us about it–