Mushroom and lemon go really well together, and I love using Chinese eggplant for this dish, but you can totally use the regular kind.
Get tons of inspiration here:
4 Chinese eggplants, cut in half, lengthwise
7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 pounds mixed mushrooms,
cleaned, larger ones cut in half
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 small red onion, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the eggplant in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Top with salt and chili flakes. Bake until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan, and add the mushrooms. Cook them until they start to brown.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden.
- Add lemon zest, parsley, and red onion. Toss well and divide on 4 plates.
- Top with eggplant, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Made it? Tell us about it–