I mean, what’s a better gift than a log of butter? This is one of those gifts that people will be talking about for years to come. Herbs and lemon zest make this butter sing with flavor. It’s perfect for a steak, chicken, or a piece of salmon. You can also spread it on crusty homemade bread or on your favorite potatoes.
MAKES 2 LOGS
2 sticks Vermont Creamery Cultured Butter Sea Salt
2 tablespoons chopped herbs, like dill, thyme, sage, marjoram, or parsley
Grated zest from 1 organic lemon
1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
2 sheets parchment paper
- Leave the butter out until room temperature.
- Place in a bowl, and add herbs, lemon and peppercorns. Mix well.
- Prepare two parchment paper sheets, and divide the butter across the two sheets.
- Using two spoons, form the butter into a log.
- Roll up the butter tightly, and twist both ends. Secure with twine.
- Pop the logs into the refrigerator until they are completely solid.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 1 month, but they never last that long in my house!
Made it? Tell us about it–